|149 W. State Street|
Hastings, MI 49058
1. Know why your Selling: It is of the utmost importance to understand why you need to sell. Did you recently accept a job in another location, downsizing, upsizing, unaffordable monthly payment, looking for a second home, etc. These all and many more are important reasons to sell. While selling a property can be a major life decision it has to be a business one. In the end your property is listed as a product and buyers will be viewing your property like they look online for a new computer. If you have decided on why your selling and have become aware of your business decision we can lead to step 2.
2. Setting the Price: It is important to have an Agent from Miller Real Estate to come look at the property and determine the Market Value through a CMA. What is a CMA? It is a Comparative Market Analysis. What this entails is taking notes on the property, noting the details / features, measuring the room sizes, comparing those notes with other properties currently listed and that have sold in the last 6 to 12 months. We will then come back with a reasonable price we feel most comfortable listing the home and obtaining the most amount of activity.
3. Listing the Home: This is the easy part! We will sit down at the point you have gone over your above CMA and have decided to make the decision to list the property for sale. We will fill out and sign a few documents, plan out the first few weeks of the listing and if necessary go over our Marketing Plan.
4. The First Impression: This part is VERY important! Go through your home and ask yourself if you would buy it if you saw it today. If not, make some changes. We will more than likely go through these changes with you in the CMA, but at this point these changes will hopefully of been made. Talk to your friends or relatives who may visit. Ask them about how they view the home! It is widely known in our profession that a buyer makes their decision usually within 3 minutes of looking at a property! Check out more Tips by clicking here!!
5. Look for Offers: If all of the above has followed through well and you and your agent are on the same page, you will most likely be having good activity and very shortly offers on your property! Stay excited, be open minded and remember it's all business.
**Notice how throughout this I explained that your home is PROPERTY. This must be a business decision and you have to understand your home's memories do not pass on to the buyer. They are starting out fresh with new memories to be made!!**