Barry County has been called the Southern Most Northern County. Our 30,000+ Acres of State Land, over 300 Named Bodies of Water, Large Wooded and Agricultural Lots and Numerous Outdoor Activities, allow us to be named in such a manner!
Our County Seat of Hastings is centrally located between Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and Lansing. Miller Real Estate welcomes you to beautiful Barry County, Michigan, where the best of West Michigan is "In Our Nature!!" Explore Barry County
Barry County Facts
* Population is 59,576 which is about 5% more than the 2000 Census.
* Barry County was formed on April 29th, 1829.
* Population Density of 102 People per Square Mile.
* Family Median Income is $51,794.
* Barry County elected officials:
- Prosecuting Attorney: Julie Nakfoor-Pratt
- Sheriff: Dar Leaf
- County Clerk: Pamela A. Jarvis
- County Treasurer: Susan L. Vandecar
- Register of Deeds: Barbara D. Hurless
- Drain Commissioner: Russ Yarger
- County Surveyor: Brian Reynolds
- County Board of Commissioners: 8 Members (8 Republicans, 0 Democrats)
Real Estate Facts
* Our Average Home Price is $161,835 for 2015.
* The average home is a 3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom Ranch, Walkout Basement, 1.5 Acres with attached garage.
* 85% of the Counties Citizens Own their property.
* 15% of the Counties Citizens Rent a property.
Welcome home to Barry County!!